84 Phazer Aftermarket Strut/ Spring Need Help with Identification

phazerowner

I just bought these shocks on e-bay and need help identifying them. There is no brand name on the shock other than the word "Bunting 1620 10" stamped into the gold portion. As you can see, the top of the shock has a shrader valve so this appears to be a rechargeable strut/ shock. Any info on the manufacturer or specs of these struts would be helpful. Thanks

I took the spring off the struts as you can see below. I still couldn't find any brand markings. the gold part is a spacer bushing to get the correct length i guess. On the bottom of the strut cartridge there is a c-clip, (hard to see), so these struts do appear to be rebuildable- which is what i would like to get done.
The only strut / spring setup ive seen came on the early 80's Phazer SX. these had the spring mounted onto the strut also- but in looking at the diagram of the SX strut- its a different setup. I dont think this is a OEM SX strut.

Attachments

• aftermarket front struts-springs.jpg
    aftermarket front struts-springs.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 9
  • aftermarketstuts-springs2.jpg
    aftermarketstuts-springs2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 3
  • strut%20apart2.jpg
    strut%20apart2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 66
  • strut%20apart1.jpg
    strut%20apart1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

identified the mystery struts!

The struts were made by Carls Cycle Sales in Boise Idaho using a fox strut cartridge back in 1985. I talked to Jack Struthers about them. He assembled the spacer, washers and spring to complete the strut. I will be sending the struts in to Carl's at the end of the season to be rebuilt with new seals and oil. Jack was going to check to see if they had any strut shafts if needed and springs left laying around. The spring came in 2 options- standard or heavy.

Back