Ultimax 3 belts

SlowSRX

Anyone using them, it seems like its a bit shorter then the stock one. Do I need to change anything to run this belt?

My sled was quicker with that belt,but I blew it in 200 miles.The shop that sold it to me said it was a defective belt and we sent it in for a warranty replacement.I hope they take care of it because I really like the way it put the power down.We shall see...

i've never had good luck with dayco. tried them many of times . they seemed great before i had machines with power. anymore they seem to explode -fast. went back to the good ol yammi belts and they last all year without problem

the new ultimax3 belts are not as good as the yamaha belt, they also have a liftime warrenty on their belts, you send it back and it only cost 6 dollars to get a new belt. best bet is to stick with yamaha right now

Well, I guess I'm going to try it. Do any of you guys soak your belts in hot soapy water or no?

I ran dayco's on my xlt, wich is mostly stock for a few years with no problems. I'll give it a shot.

I have one new yamaha spare belt too. The one I have on there got hot when I had to tow my brother to the road. Didn't want to chance it. The yamaha belts do have a softer compound to them.

When playing with my secondary (90deg. 54/44 helix) I blew up a brand new Ultimax belt (tore a 6" section out of the cogs), had to use my stock 8DN to get back to the trailer. I've been using stock belts ever since and they seem to be more durable. I've found that using a scotchbrite pad on the primary is a good way to break in a new belt, ...run it easy until the belt warms up.

Ultimax 3 is much softer than the Yamaha 8DN, not the opposite. Dayco's never seem to last as long as the yamaha belts because the yamaha belts are so damn hard. If you want a belt that will last thousands of miles, run the yamaha. If you want the most power to the ground with the least belt slippage, run the dayco, but you will have to replace them. Also breaking them in properly makes them last A LOT longer. Take it easy for the first 50 miles with a lot of varied throttle position and no wide open runs, this cures the compounds properly and makes it last a lot longer.

I agree yamaholic22. Does dayco actually warranty them? I have run them and never tried to send them to get a new one.

yamaholic22 said:
Ultimax 3 is much softer than the Yamaha 8DN, not the opposite. Dayco's never seem to last as long as the yamaha belts because the yamaha belts are so damn hard. If you want a belt that will last thousands of miles, run the yamaha. If you want the most power to the ground with the least belt slippage, run the dayco, but you will have to replace them. Also breaking them in properly makes them last A LOT longer. Take it easy for the first 50 miles with a lot of varied throttle position and no wide open runs, this cures the compounds properly and makes it last a lot longer.

I'm going to soak her tommorow. And I'll make sure I take it easy like you said. Thanks for the tip. More power is always good. I'll have 2 spare yamaha belts with me incase I toast her. There is a 1 yr warranty on the belt.

Back