Garmin nuvi 500

super1c

Super Moderator
Well i finally got a chance to really play with this GPS and i cant say enough how cool it is. I just ordered my maps today from VVMAPPING so no snowmobile trail time with it yet. No snow anyway, 42f and raining right now. But it is spot on in the truck and while just walking around in walking off road mode. I was able to walk a track around the neighborhood, use a mode called tracback which tracks your route. Then save that to my favorites and it remembers the trail you took. You then can start at the beginning or end of that route. Will be great for off trail riding and mapping the river we ride. I did download the vvmapping to my computer for michigan snowmobile and ORV trails and it looks great. I dont want to download it on my GPS cause the file is quite big and i dont want to use up the internal memory. I did order the microSD card for the GPS. The maps are bright and well marked. Should be awesome cant wait. And im sure most garmin snowmobile guys now you can change the car you drive to a bunch of cool icons from the garmin site. I have the vacation movie green station wagon for mine, its cool. Even has the dog leash hanging off the back. LOL! You can also get a snowmobile. But it is just gray scale and very boring. I did find a link to a snowmobile club that someone colored the sleds in photo shop for download. So they have yamaha blue, skidoo yellow, ect....... I downloaded the 4pack. That way i change colors depending on what kind of riding i do. Trails ill stick with the blue but when on the river i can change to red!! Just though it was kinda cool. The gray was boring to me. The files are ziped so you will need to unzip them and extract the files before clicking and dragging the new snowmobiles to your garmin vehical file. Here is the link http://fox-glen.com/map_index.html

Back