89 Ovation traction

ryan2001sx600r

What do you guys recommend for giving an Ovation a little more traction? These tracks don't seem to have enough lug to put studs in it.

you can stud it in between the bars with apropriate legnth studs and backers. should be able to get a deal on them as most trail tracks on sleds now are 1" or better in lug height. that should only have 1/2-3/4" lugs on it.

i was looking on the Woody's website and they recommend .750 studs so it is probably a 1/2" lug. Years ago someone use to sell a product called TX Claws or something like that but I cannot find them online anymore. They were kind of like Cat Claws that went into the cleats of old Arctic Cats but you screwed them right to the track. Just looking for something that gives a little bite as this is my daughters first year of riding and don't want her to spin out on an icy corner.

Thanks

Ryan

On my daughters Ovation 136" I have changed the track from
the stock 136"x15"x0,45"
to an 136"x15"x0,85"
from an Yamaha Venture 700 ( 2002 )

Working great ;)!

:2strokes:

I thought the ovations came standard with the 101" track? How did you get a 136" lasse?

shimmy said:
I thought the Ovation's came standard with the 101" track ?
How did you get a 136" ?
I have never heard of a 101" track on the Ovation/CS-340 :confused:
Over here in SWEDEN they came with either 109" or 136" track.

Yeah sorry, i meant the 109".

What i didn't realize was they were available in the 136".

took a spare 1 inch track i had and used rail extentions off old phazer st had to change driver but phazer one fit right in
we have not got enough snow yet to see how it goes
:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

Back