First ride of the year. On my kids Bravo!

Macheater

Last Jan I purchased an 87 Bravo for my kids to ride. It was bought off the original owner who was an older gentleman that unfortunately did not maintain it very well. I knew it was gonna be a fixer upper and the kids only got to ride it a few times last season. So it was gonna be one of my (many) projects over the spring and early summer. Well, now that we finally got some snow, I had a chance to try it out. BIG difference from last season. I spent a great deal of time and money replacing almost everything on the sled. Rebuilt or replaced both clutches, tuned up the motor a bit since it is so conservative from the factory. One of the reasons they run forever. Anyway, the thing is a blast to ride and is very peppy from 0 to about 20 mph even with my 215 lbs on it. Had it up to what I would guess was around 40-45 mph on a long flat stretch of plowed road. Can only guess it would go a little faster with my kids on it (half the weight of me). Runs MUCH better than last year. Kids are gonna have a blast. Now just need the snow to hang around.

Yes they are!!! Got an Apex, Srx, and my other halfs 600 e-tec to ride, and the Bravo gets to be the first one out.

My brothers neighbor has an old bravo for sale, but he wants 900$ for it. It's in great shape, and was kid driven for years. I want it for my nephew, but at $900, it's still outta range...

got mine for $350. my friend bought it and put a bunch of $ into it for his kid. engine was rebuilt, new track, polaris seat (nice seat, just got to remove the polaris logo) mx bars, bar riser, hot grips, etc. he wanted $800 I said no way, I can buy them $250 and showed him some ads. of course they wouldn't be anywhere near that shape. he came back a few days later with $350 and I paid him right then and there before hecould change his mind..lol
002-3.jpg

Ya between purchase price ($700) and upgrades, I have well over $1200 into mine. Sounds like alot but when you look at some of the other alternatives it doesn't seem so bad. A new one (longtrack only) is around $4000. The mini 120's aren't even in the same class and are more expensive. I have seen good clean used Bravo's asking as much as $1700. Although that same one was listed for about $900 the following year. Go figure.

Staggs I love that pic. Have been wanting to add some of that stuff your showing like the windscreen, ski-skins, bars, etc. Where did you get all that stuff? I have been looking but not having much luck.

If its not too much trouble. Like the windscreen especially. Will have to check sportech's website. Thought I already did that once a few months ago and it didn't show anything. Maybe out of production.

They are great little sleds. I used to ride along side my son on my Vector and clock him close to 50. Tunnel finally got so rusty the seat (and rider) flew off on a corner. Still wish I would have kept it for a starter sled for my daughter.

Macheater said:
If its not too much trouble. Like the windscreen especially. Will have to check sportech's website. Thought I already did that once a few months ago and it didn't show anything. Maybe out of production.
well finally found out some info for you. the windshield was the stocker cut down and had some chrome tint put on the inside and some automotive door edging put on it. the sportech sticker is merely a sticker. the other stuff; belly pan and ski skins, were parts for polaris sleds (he couldnt remember which one) and made to fit.

Back