Twin Lakes MI UP

alswagg

VIP Member
We just returned from a week in the UP at Twin Lakes. We stayed at the Parkview Lodge. We had great conditions. Every night it snowed, over the weekend we also had a full blizzard conditions. By the time we left, off trail was waist deep powder. My wife, Son and I all put nearly 700 miles on. Great start to the season. All machines performed flawlessly. Trails were groomed every night. Fuel was plentifull at Krupps convienance store. I can honestly say, we had one of the best week of riding form many many years. Cant wait to go back up. Al

Thanks for the info Al, I might have to take a trip there in a few weeks, Haven't been on that area for 3 year, I always liked the day trip to copper harbor...

North of Parkview lodge a couple miles on trail 3, look for some stop signs covered with black plastic bags. If you go West at this intersection go past the power lines, you will find some great logging roads, two tracks, ect. This was some of the best riding we had last week. The logging roads, ect creat a large loop, coming back out onto trail 3 about 5 miles North. We did not get a chance to run all and map onto GPS, there are litterally hundreds of miles of ungroomed trails in that area. I can't wait to go back. The problem is for us, 12 hr drive, pulling 5,000 lb 27' trailer. Al

Back