Need Help!! SRX not running Right

Upnorthguy00

I have a 2002 SRX 700. I just bought this sled and rode it for the first time last weekend. I was not at all impressed. I can only pull like 7900 or 8000 RPM's at wide open throttel. It is not as fast as It should be. Shouldnt it pull like 8500 RPM's? Also it dose not seem to pick up the R's very quick. seems slugish. It also loads up on an idle. If I let it idle then hit it, it will boag then take off. I kind of have to feather the gas. The sled is all stock with 1300 miles on it. I checked the compreshion and it is good in all three cyl's. I also changed the belt. Any other sugestions would be greatly appricated. Also what should my compreshion be?

Probably a combination of old fuel & dirty gummed up carbs.

Check the pipes to make sure a critter didn't decide to make a home in one! H ad a buddy with the same symntoms, Ran the sled wide open for a mile and boom went the nest scared the $@*! out of him (he he!) sled ran perfect after that. :beer:

Another Idea that you should try is cleaning the powervalves. I took mine out on my viper and soaked them in some heavy duty degreaser then took a razor blade and VERY VERY carefully scraped away all the carbon build up. Good luck.

definately try going through the carbs and cleaning everything in them, then the powervalves. This should get you back up and running real quick, those things are monsters ;)!

Check your jetting also, they might have her jetted way too rich. And your oil pump might be set way too rich also. Mine was a combination of these, and gummed up powervalves.

Back