GRR another exciter Problem

87YAMAHA-570

so today most the snow was melted to i pulled my sled in the shop n when to put my new plastic skis on the right side bolt snaped off witch wasn't and issue because me new skis have bolts so i pounded it out but the next side is being a B**** to get out o striped the one side bold to i got out the vicegrips and then they rounded the head to to im provise i heated it untill orange and tryed taking it off hoping it would snap... but it didnt i spend 2hrs on one bolt n nuthin tomorrow im gunna grind it off but thats my last thing to try any one have and ideas to help???? :o| :o|

I had the exact same problem, basically the whole front end was siezed, so I put the grinder to it and "upgraded" to a 96Vmax suspension. Short of soaking the parts in some sort of penetrating oil for an extended period of time, brute force is the way to go... Sorry I can't be of more help

I had good luck cutting it off and using an air hammer. Careful with part that mounts the TSS to the ski. Many of them are cracking in half.

Back