I just had to post this launch

NY_SXR700

Website
www.sohonetworkx.com
My friend snapped this shot of me 2 years ago and just sent it to me today. It's blurry but it was one of my best launches. This was 6' in the air and 30' long. This is just as I cleared the top of the cliff going for a perfect landing (I even stayed on the sled :WayCool: ) and anyone who jumps a lot knows that is not as easy as it sounds even when you land good at 50+ mph. Doug

Attachments

• noobie jump.jpg
    noobie jump.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 32

i know what you mean Doug, i had a landing so hard last week i broke a motor mount, felt that one in the morning. Awesome shot!!!

Busted motor mount.... now that is a hard landing. This one was hard enough that I stopped after this landing. You can tell by the track speed ripple under the skid I had some speed, flying up this 20' cliff under some power lines. I let off before I crested and the sled went up/up/up and tapped the brake and she landed perfect but hard because it was a long drop down. I usually fall off on the left side because for some reason I land left ski first a lot. Never crashing just that I bail off so I don't end up flipping the sled and ruining the tall bars. I did that once in a furrowed frozen potato field. The sled landed on me and my friends pulled it off. I had the BackThing from RUOutside and I sware it saved my spine from the frozen dirt mounds I landed on. My cowling got all screwed up also. Doug

I must be getting old, my a$$ started to pucker just thinking about the landing. ;):D

That is a very true statement. You see them guys drop off a cornice in Slednecks and say WHOOOOO I can't wait till winter I am gonna do that. Now, I will tell you I got some big stones and I try almost anything once. But, what stops me is not pain or death.... it's the long walk home without my sled cuz I wrecked it 40 miles from my truck. The drop offs in Slednecks are stupid sick and just standing up there is enough to make you knees wobble. Anyone who tells you it's nothing is a fool/liar or already dead. I try to jump like this only near the house so when I wreck it's not to far to go to the hospital or the garage or both. Like this......... At the Sportsman, in Lowville ambulance shattered collar bone (gotta LOVE duct tape). Doug

Attachments

• ooopsie.jpg
    ooopsie.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 21

Back