Gotta be a Bravo speed record!

Macheater

Had a chance to take my kiddies on there first real trailride last night. Wanted to find out if all my hard work had paid off. Made a speed run with my 12yr old son on his "tuned up" 1987 Bravo. Used my new to me 09 Phazer RTX as the speedometer. Conditions were about 23 deg on a hardpack plowed road. Saw 54 mph on the second pass down the road. Couldn't believe it went that fast. Was expecting more in the 45 mph range. I know Yammi speedos are typically optimistic but they can't be that far off at 54 mph. Was very happy that it was running so strong and my little guy was soooo proud he went that fast! ;)!

You need to radar that Bravo...LOL! 54 is moving on that single lunger 250.

We worked on my son's today w/out success. I believe we have junk gas in ours so we will NOT be seeing 50 anytime soon...

yeah ours is probably hitting 40 tops judging by how it feels. havent clocked it with anything. I think mine has some clutching issues though doesn't seem as snappy as i remember them being

Uhhh, OK! Last time I checked 54mph was still 54mph. MachZ1000 care to share ur insights on how 54mph = 40-45mph. Can't believe a Yammi speedo is off that much at that speed. I can see bein off 5mph which would still put it at 49mph. Maybe at speeds above 100mph there is a significant error but, not that speed. Just might have to break out the trusty GPS next time.:dunno:

Its funny, as long as I have been on this site there is ALWAYS somebody who knows more about ur machines performance than you do and can tell you all about how it WILL perform having never seeing the sled or knowing the person doing the setup and tuning. This seems to be especially true when talking about actual numbers. :o|

Back