Question on Aaen pipes?

MUFDVR

I have not really trail ridden this sled yet a little drag racing in my field but it looks like a lot of snow can make its way threw the belly pan hole. Where the silencers exit there is a lot of open space. For the guys that are running these pipes is there any issue here?

No issue, Could be your stinger tips are a bit long & dragging in the snow.... I trim the stingers flush with the belly pan & it really helped the deep snow performance.

So how is the drags going? Friends can be so brutal! Randy

just make a snow deflecto and put it on the front, helps a bunch. or try and find a set of wrecked pis and get the belly pan flange off of them Maxdlx

The problem I am having is the whole in the belly pan for the stock silencer to exit it good size. When my three silencers fit half the whole is wide open for snow to come threw. I could stuff a wrag in there but its kind of cheezy.

Get some heat duct metal and make a flat plate with holes drilled in it for yopu pipes, the pop rivit it in place with some steel rivets. Problem solved. Maxdlx

If you are worried about snow getting in the hole add a snow deflector under the belly pan & in front of the hole..... You will need one anyway if you run deep snow!

Or you can do as Max says.

2 147.5'S AND A 150. AIR BOX UNPLUGGED. They said it was a good place to start. I guess it may be a little rich based on a few comments from Pat. We will see. It seems to be ok in the little bit of putting around I have done. In Mass we are close to sea level.

I would say you are safe from what Hauck is saying. All the Vipers I setup with the carbs vented to the airbox & larger mains, When I added the BB & bored carbs to my sled airbox venting just did not work anymore. I had to run unvented like the SRX & man the sled just flat ripps!

Put on the deflector or you're not going to be happy in deep snow. My buddy's Aaen piped viper pretty much pukes out when you get the exhaust plugged up in the deep stuff.

Bigmax said:
Put on the deflector or you're not going to be happy in deep snow. My buddy's Aaen piped viper pretty much pukes out when you get the exhaust plugged up in the deep stuff.

Bigmax when you guys headed up?

That's what Pat and Olav told me to do. I thought it was a little funky but they know more than I do. The CPR pipes I had I had I never messed with the vent lines.

Hey Bushman! How's things going? We were actually up there during the week before Christmas and New Years. Went by your bud's place numerous times while we were riding but never saw any activity or sleds out. If I don't make it to the TY ride next week I'll probably be up in Gaylord w/ Tod the following weekend. And should make it to the Feb. Muni ride without a problem.

Back