Friggin T.O.R.S

Harry Balzonya

Website
www.poppaduff.piczo.com
Is it normal for yor throttle overide to freze up on the handlebar part. my overide acts up when you come off the gas and when you go back on to it but starting is fine and first going is fine to but as soon as i let go the gas that funny noise starts i have to let off the gas completly and wait about 2-5 seconds then i can go again and then the same thing What can this be and how can i fix it, they say at my local dealership that the tors part on the handle bar next to the throttle leaver has ice inside of it. is this normal well i have to deal with this every time its mild and then becomes cold

i have a viper 03

all the help posible well help.

mine does the same but its because I added a 2" riser and no adjustment left on cable. shouldn't do it unless your cable is out of adjustment

I always spray the throttle lever cables and moving areas with WD40, it really helps keeping the water out.

check throttle free play first, if throttle is adjusted even a little too tight then the carb switch won't close fast enough to send a minus 12VDC to the CDI... This will cause the TORS to operate and limit RPM...

tj..

Last edited:
i had some problem my first ride this season, would come to a stop and it acted like running on 1 cylinder. bip..bip...bip...bip...bip....
would not rev above idle really.after a few seconds it would go away ...is this the tors problem?

is it simply a safety device for if the throttle sticks .....and if so, where exactly is the plug and what does it look like

thanks!!!!!

Ramb

I had the same problem on my first ride this year. Parked my 03 Viper ER outside and the throttle had some ice build up and wouldn't run until I cleared off all the ice on the throttle. Has anyone ever been saved by the TORS? I think I might just disconnect mine as we all have a kill switch.

Back