air riveter recomendations

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I'm thinking of adding one of these handy tools to my collection and would like some recomendations from guys that have bought one.I don't want to spend a small fortune ( ie Snap On ) for one as it is something that wont be used regularly just on occasion I need to install steel rivets.What's a decent moderately priced gun?

i bought mine frome grainger for about 285.00 does a nice job
comes with nossels to do 1/8 3/16 and 1/4 inch rivits
try pulling a 1/4 steel or better yet a stainless steel with a cheap
tool and you ll be glad you bought a industrial version.

Last edited:
for occasional use, look for any that will pull up to a 1/4" rivet. usually only a few bucks more. you would be surprised at how many times you will want that 1/4 ability.

had good luck with harbor freight and the ones that jegs sells. wont ever own another that stops at 3/16.

I had one from Northern Tool, it lasted me 2 years & a few thousand rivets. It could handle 1/4 rivets. It just gave out on me. Not bad since I only spent $49.95. For that price I'm going to go buy another one. It looks just like the one at Harbor Freight, probably the same manufacturer.

I have a westward had it for a long time never let me down and it did install alot of rivets.. Sheet metal for work is a regular thing. gets used everyday and its old so i would buy another one anyday.

I was wondering if the Princess Auto ones were any good the price is right for what I'm looking to spend.I would suppose that the Harbour freight ones would be pretty similar in quality.I'd love to have one of the higher end name brand ones but I can't see tying up that much money for something that will get used mabey once a year.

I had to replace all the rivits on both trailing arm mounts...was like 14 rivits per side...had to have 1/4 ....if you buy one make sure it will do 1/4

Back