Track spin with M-10.....

NY AttakGT

VIP Member
I have a 2001 SRX (121") with M-10, RipSaw, and heel clickers. I know M-10's are pretty notorious for loosing some holeshot, but my track is spinning way too much on take off (from a stand still, if I hit the throttle to the bar I can sit in place and do donuts...lol. As cool as that is, not what I'm looking for.) I have the track as loose as it can go before track rubs top of tunnel when accelerating. Engagement is @ about 4K. I wanted to try and avoid studding as the Ripsaw is a pretty good track that should have alot better hook up than this. I also replaced the black rear slider blocks with the white blocks and that did not seem to help. Suspension is set up for my weight(FRA, pre-loads) to FAST spec. Anybody have similar problem? -Steve (O.C.)

PS-Not looking for a drag/race sled or anything, just alittle better hook up.

Does it behave like this in all different conditions or did you only put a few miles on this setup. Sounds to me like it may have had something to do with your riding conditions.

If you have a front limiter strap on the m-10 , take it out and try it. also you can cut the white blocks, to give even more transfer. try messing with the rear spring just a little. small amounts make a big difference. turn it down a hare. The problem with the m-10 is you need some traction to get weight transfer, if you have poor traction at all it will never transfer.

Back