I think I am buying a 08 nytro

YZViper366

Lifetime VIP Member
Anyone hear of any problems with these? I am gettijg it for a good price 5600 it is all stock with 1400 miles on it.

They changed the front end Geomotry for 09 to make it less twitchy/squirely. But there are a few mods you can do to make the 08's front end work well. Other then that, I think they were a great sled.

aftermarket exhaust is a must for the nytro. aaen full system dynos at 158hp when used with a efi controller. not to mention 12lbs lighter. and they changed the front end again last year i believe to the fx2? Also aftermarket skis is a great upgrade. there are many many forums and sites that have loads of info mods on these sleds

Front bulkheads were known for issues, look at ski alignment front to back compared to each side to see if bulkhead has a twist. The 10s are the better Nytro's to have.

I think some of you guys are confused between the short tracks and the mtx.

The 2008-2009 has the same geometry on the mtx's.In 2010 they changed the rear skid on the se 162" model along with taperd tunnel and a wider front end with a diffrent geometry.The subframes boldt to the bulkhead its not like any other chasis they aren't that bad to change.

Grizztracks on the 4 stroke side sells the gusset kits.
For a 2008 5600.00 is top dollar.If it's super clean its a deal.
The front plastic a arm bushings are junk too.ulmer racing has olite ones that won't wear out.
They are a fun sled my wife and me both have mtx's but hers has a super charger on it.
The #1 mod is an Oft racing steering relocater,It changes the angle of the steering so it's more traditional.
The only other bad thing is the stock maverick tracks are a piece of junk.The lugs fold over and they trench.

The subframes are notorius for bending they updated them in 2010 but I would still put a gusset kit in.

I have had two friends thay just got rid of their 2008 models. One was a 121 RTX SE that he stretched to 136" and had the front end updates done. The other was a Mnt version that he installed a push turbo. Both guys just got rid of them. I rode the 136 version several times. He liked it alot, it went through the bumps well but turned very hard IMO. He had C&A powder version skis and a 1.5 Intense Camo track. The other guy rode his Mnt Nytro in Togwotee last month. With the turbo it had insane power but wanted to plow straight. Hard to flick around he said like the M8's he was with. He is a 300+ lb. big dude too. To each his own but I do not care for the Nytros. I rode a brand new 2011 XTX version a year ago along with some 2011 Apexes and I would take the Apex all day long. IMO the Nytro needs power steering because they still turn hard.

Last edited:
Guys that I know that own them like them. Mostly trail stuff around here. I've been on them and like them too. They lack legs on the big end from what I like but get up an go real good. I'm sure a lot would depend on how you ride, where you ride and the conditions you normally ride in.

opsled

Back