cylinder interchange

hotrodcr250

i was wondering if 1997 -1999 vmax 600 cylinders will fit on the 1994-96 bottom end i know the reeds are different but could you swap top ends?thanks chris

That was the resulsts in his last thread asking sam question. Some one said that yammi made 600 twins up till 99......I have never seen or heard of one myself. Going out on a limb here but if you did find a 99 twin 600 I would tend to think they would fit. I would make sure parts of off from said twin I have never heard of. As in I would need to see the rest of ot or at least pictures. If the jugs and pistons are off a tripple then the bore would be much smaller.

1999 was the last year for the 600 twin. they used them on the standard vmax 600 only. The Sx / vmax deluxe / ventures got the new tripple 600 i believe.
Bore & stroke were the same as the 97's....i think they were playing with pistons & head gaskets in the 98-99' time frame.....remember - when they went to the 1997 models - the reeds were different (size) and they used a TPS with a 3d ignition mapping and maybe a tripple exhaust port?? compaired to the 96 & older vmax 600's and the 96's were different than the 94-95's....

If you did use the newer cylinders you may want to use the newer head also and find the 1996 style exhaust pipe also...i will see if i can still find my 97' technical update book and see if the mention anything about interchangeability..... i do know the compression on the BRAND NEW 97-98 600 twins were pathetic. remember the thin head gasket kits maxx performace sold?? I sold a ton of those kits back in the day....

Back