not cool

1sickviper02

went out and did some racing today and the results weren't pretty...my 02 viper go whooped by a bone stock f7, bone stock zr800, pro x 800, all three of which i can understand, but i could only run side by side with a 2001 xc600...that was stock except for studs and a can...is this normal? or is my viper slow? I also went out on the lake last week and couldn't get past a 05 rev 500ss....

I have a 192 studs, can, geared down 1 tooth, and a team secondary...

Gear back up & loose the team secondary. Run a 48/40 advantedge helix & clutch it to run at 84-8500 rpm.

Turk said:
Gear back up & loose the team secondary. Run a 48/40 advantedge helix & clutch it to run at 84-8500 rpm.
Why not the 53/43 helix and the stock spring at 80 degrees?
or with a green spring at 60 degrees.
Thats what was recommended on the tech page.

We wasted a bunch of time & my buddy wasted a bunch of money trying to get his piped Viper to run with a TEAM secondary on it, I see the post saying they work but after 3 springs & helix's & being slower than the stock secondary I give up on it.

Do as Turk says & you will be a happy man!

blueblooded the Advantage helix upshifts faster than some of the other brands.

I must have had a poorly setup button secondary because when I switched to the team the difference was unbelievable,the team will pull your arms off,only thing I was not impressed with was I am lacking about 5 mph on top end,going to try and dial it in this weekend.Harvey

Harvey said:
I must have had a poorly setup button secondary because when I switched to the team the difference was unbelievable,the team will pull your arms off,only thing I was not impressed with was I am lacking about 5 mph on top end,going to try and dial it in this weekend.Harvey

Same thing we found, We could get the Team to work Great on the bottom end or good on the topend but we could not get it to work all the way through.

I would love to make the Team work on my buddys sled. I see most of the big name snowcross racers run them here in the states but I wonder if they run them in Europe's larger faster snowcross tracks?

I am still waiting on a few guys on here to try out their hyperlite secondarys,want to see how they are,hopefully good reports and I will be ordering one.-Harvey

Bushman said:
We wasted a bunch of time & my buddy wasted a bunch of money trying to get his piped Viper to run with a TEAM secondary on it, I see the post saying they work but after 3 springs & helix's & being slower than the stock secondary I give up on it.

Do as Turk says & you will be a happy man!

blueblooded the Advantage helix upshifts faster than some of the other brands.
I bought a dalton 53/43 helix as reccomended for the stock viper on the tech page,havent tried it yet.Did i waste my money?Should i of gotten the advantage helix with the different angles?

I believe Turk will tell you that the Advantage 48/40 is cut more aggressive and will have a similar shift profile to your 53/43. Dave

There are a couple guys on here with them but I dont believe they have had the conditions to try them yet.-Harvey

Back