[2 Pictures] Another season proper well done!

Oyvind Ryeng

Website
oyvindryeng.net
So there goes past another season of yet more great weather and riding. My MM700 has been performing near flawless, but it's quite loud thanks to the recent addition of a Sno-Stuff Rumble Pack "muffler". Better transfer too, after moving the transfer rods' lower attachment point to the rails 15 millimeters straight back; there's a cheap and easy way to seemingly lighten up the sled. Wheelie Ho! I've also busted the odometer, it gave up the ghost two years ago at 7700 kilometers. By this point, I'm bound to encroach upon 11,000.

For another year the local mountains has borne witness to the ear-piercing shrieking symphony of the renown three cylinder two-stroke spinning at 8500 RPM. For another year the MountainMax has taken me where I need to get, and always, without fail, bringing me safely back home.

It is with overpowering regret, doubt and fear I hereby announce my intention to remove my old faithful from the spot of my number one and only sled. My future holds in store a 2012 Nytro X-Ride that will replace the MountainMax as my number one. As you probably have already assumed, I will probably never sell the MountainMax. The emotional attachment created by our exiting adventures together is a power far too strong to get sidelined by mere financial considerations alone. Example of the Scandinavia-only Nytro X-Ride.

Note 1: The object strapped to the passenger back rest by means of triangulated nylon rope is a shovel with a broken handle.

Note 2: These pictures were taken using a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 cell phone and have been tastefully (?) enhanced in Photoshop.

Note 3: I'm actually very proud of my English writing skills, but I guess that skill is bound to come naturally when you only browse those foreign discussion forums for hours to no end day after day. But you should hear me speak English! I'm pretty sure I sound like Petter Solberg; I just don't get enough practice.

Note 4: Here's the pictures, finally. Thanks for bearing with me!

max6.jpg

max7.jpg

Last edited:

Oyvind,

Thanks for sharing the beauty of your country and of course Yamaha's are always beautiful.

Here's to a good next year with the new Nytro.

Cheers!

beautiful !!!!

I want to ride there. We have great mountains, and picturesque views in Colorado, but I have never seen a body of water that large in those mountains. Anyone follow the link to the Nitro? 164,000!!!!! So you thought your aftermarket parts were expensive try talking you wife into 50,000 for a turbo!! Your kidding me!!!! Honey it's only 50,000 you know I work hard....I know it is Krone, but apparently if you want to be a billionare go to Norway. It's just like LA if you arent making a billion you arent sh*t. LOL Nice photo's looks really crowded too.......What does it cost to ship your sled to Norway for a long weekends ride?

Last edited:

Back