Screw in track lug studs

^X2^ Cant think of the brand name but theres some studs that have bolt threads on stud and backer works like a nut instead of the traditional stud/backer and nut. These will work ALOT better and are cheaper than traditional studs. My guess is on anythign with front cooler your begging for a leak!

on the flip side, i have had great luck simply buying stainless screws at the local hardware supplier and installing them in the track lugs. keep in mind that i run these in 2" or longer lugs and strategically located and heat exchanger proximatey isnt an issue.

just pulled one of the tracks off and maybe 10 rip outs on a 155" track, the rest were still secure and doing their job.

For mtn use where you'll never run into rocks and trail junk yes try them, they help out a lot in the spring when the snow is super hard almost icy. for everyday trail riders, stay clear, they ruin tracks via ripping out and taking most of the lug with them

I should have added that I live in Cornfield County and am (was)constantly crossing roads, chizel plowed fields, hitting cow pies and all sorts of other hazards. You probably would have better luck if your conditions are better than mine.
I will add one tip. Put a drop of super glue on the threads before screwing them in. You'ld be suprised.

Back