Check out this lovely mess...

jwifferdill

Life Member
Came up over a road approach and it just so happened that on the other side there had just been a culvert dug out recently, with no markings for snowmobilers. The 3 guys in front of me hit the dugout area(for drainage I assume), but I was the only one that had significant damage. One other guy bent a spindle and one had his hood fly open and bust it up a bit, but lucky me I got the brunt of it. What do you think? :o|

Oops, pics are too big...does anyone have a program to resize them? I don't have that kind of program here at home.

Sending you the pics as we I type this, Jeff. I would resize them myself, except I'm on our Mac at home here and we don't have a program to do it. Thanks

It sucks, but what do you do? The spot where I hit definitely should have been marked, as I saw another guy wreck there later that day too. What is even worse is that I found out today that I cannot get just a piston/rod for the broken Ohlin, so I would have to buy a whole new one of those unless I can find someone who has something that will work...this just keeps getting better and better. And now my winter break is over so I will have to come home on weekends just to get the thing back together.

Dill, never fear on that ohlin shock. Bruce at B-line makes his own shafts, and he's right there near you. I had him do one for me once, it was just like new. Give him a call 851-257-0828. He freshened both of mine, replaced the shaft on the one, and resivor, 155 bucks. See things are looking up, everything is fixable. Maxdlx

brother inlaw did the same thing on his 98 srx this weekend in rockland mi. Pat's yamaha in greenland actually had all used parts on hand and got us back on the trail in 6 hrs. 1 trailing arm, 2 control arms, and 1 ohlin. parts and labor $1186 they love us out of towners.

Max, I emailed him yesterday seeing if he did that kind of work. I'll probably take the shock off today and survey the damage even further. That price sounds pretty good, especially since you needed a resevior and I shouldn't need one, so it should be even a bit cheaper. Thanks for the tip!

Oops, missed out on this deal...they are from an SX, but they look similar except for the piece by the resevior that adjusts the dampening I believe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4518416743&category=42608

Last edited:
VIPER S said:
brother inlaw did the same thing on his 98 srx this weekend in rockland mi. Pat's yamaha in greenland actually had all used parts on hand and got us back on the trail in 6 hrs. 1 trailing arm, 2 control arms, and 1 ohlin. parts and labor $1186 they love us out of towners.

Ouch.

Back