pilots...........47.5
shift rpm......8350
primary spring.....y-p-y
2ndary spring....green
helix wrap...50 degrees
helix....47
gearing...24/37

you are a little lean at 140 mains,better change them Andy or risk some damage

mine is a little different blue I have the long track gearing and secondary setup are different

The owner told me he had no problems running this setup he was too scared to open WFO though

the plugs were all black before I changed them;)!

well you always did like riding on the lean side anyways....can get cold up North..But I would at least set it up with stock jetting.I have increased my jetting on my SRX one up from stock now.Just don't pin it to long/I myself always pin mine for a mile or two and have no issues.

4's have a tendency to fatten up with speed. The way air flows through the cowl lends to a pressure build up under the hood and being that the carbs vent under the hood this pressure forces more fuel into the engine than needed at high speed.

The cure is to add hose to the carb vent tubes and run them up under the handle bar pad. This gets the carb vents out of the high pressure area. Make sure they do not get kinked or plugged as that will cause a lean condition to that carb.

Most don't bother doing this as it isn't a huge issue. If you do this reroute of the vents make sure you keep an eye on your plugs after a high speed run.

Dynotech did a test on this and saw about a 10hp loss at speeds of 100mph+ because the fat condition at speed.

opsled

Andy you riding that v-max already.You must have some snow up there.We are actually supposed to get a rain/snow mixture tonight and tomorrow.Wow temps sure have dropped a lot and this would be the earliest I ever would see snow at early October.Maybe a sign of good things to come.In to the minus C temps after next week also..

tempting ..but don't think so.I have one of the last SRX models made.And you have one of the last 800's made.Maybe trade ya for my 2001 SXR..

bluemonster1 said:
tempting ..but don't think so.I have one of the last SRX models made.And you have one of the last 800's made.Maybe trade ya for my 2001 SXR..
I'll even get it painted blue........LOL ;)!

Back