turbo vmax 600 revisited.

coryv4

well if anyone was following my old build you will know that i gave up for many reasons. not that i lost hope but because of time and cash. well winters coming i got the zrt suspension under it and now i have a few months of free time. i have modified the the stock air box to the best of my abilities its air tight and sound. i jb welded a 2inch pvc in the front of the air box for the charge tube to connect. alot of you guys will have your pros and cons on my airbox size but i look at it this way. if you have a large CI plenum you will have a slight turbo lag off the start but as you start getting on and off the throttle for example (playing in drifts or fast pace trail riding) there is significant decrease in turbo lag as opposed to running a charge directly into the carb. as i am only running 6lbs of boost i really dont see much of a need for a BOV as port timing will allow the the boost to dissipate out the exhaust quite fast and really wouldnt put much of a surge on the compressor. as of right now i am going to be using 1 1/2inch pvc for the charge tube for testing i dont see the need to go to aluminum at this stage because i will not be running the sled in long enough runs for heat will take its toll and if for what ever reason this falls through i didnt spend 100 dollars on aluminum tubing that will sit on the shelf. besides i was looking at the 2013 f11 and it had soft rubbinng hose for a charge what a joke. :dunno:

quick update. i got the turbo and all hooked up. the sled idles at 1400rpm clutched at 5200 when i did a launch i eased on the throttle to about 4800rpm then went wide open it had a slight rpm drop from 5200 to about 4900. i dont think i have ever seen a tach move so fast on a sled it went from 4900 to 8400 in the blink of an eye it was unreal. my question is does anyone know if the srx viper ect hoods will match up to the vmax belly because i am having a little hood clearance issues and i figure the viper or srx hoods are taller. also i have to rig up some sort of inter cooler because the compressor on my turbo is reaching 600degree which is probably sacrificing a huge amount of hp blow that warm of air in the motor. but other than heat and clearance so far so good.

Viper hood the belly pan is dif but the srx hood should go right on

Back