yamaha sx600 500ft et

dhonda200

Well i thought my sled was a bit quicker then it was. Turns out it was only runing 76mph- 7.04 ET in 500ft. What do you think is that decent for a stock 600 class? Not sure much can be improved tho the clutchings dead on from start to finish and the track grips very good.

YOU DONE A GOOD JOB WITH THAT SLED. VERY LOW HP AND ALOT OF WEIGHT. IT RUNS GOOD. DID YOU EVER GET A COOL CART FOR YOURSELF, AND WHAT GEARING ? YOUR SPEED IS GREAT, E.T. IS LOUSY. THAT TELLS ME GEARING OFF. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Thanks tony! I have started buying parts for a cool down cart i just havnt goten the time to hook up everything yet. The gearing is 18/39 currently. Whats your thoughts on the gearing? The math shows it should do 84mph top speed.

Last edited:
BE AMAZED HOW THAT COOL CART WELL HELP PERFORMANCE. ON GRASS YOU HAVE ONE RUN. THAN YOU CAN NEVER GET HEAT OUT OF MOTOR AND SLOWLY ROBS POWER. I THINK THAT GEARING IS CLOSE FOR THAT SLED. ALWAYS REMEMBER ABOUT GEARING, YOU WILL NEVER HIT PEAK, FIRST BECAUSE YAMAHA CLUTCHES DONT SHIFT OUT ALL THE WAY AND YOU WOULD NEED 5 MILES TO HIT PEAK. WHAT PEAK RPM YOU RUNNING ? 3:16 (yammie tony)

Rite now the sled runs 8500rpm's from start to finish, according to yamaha thats what the 600 tripple is suposed to run at. That cool down cart is going to be a very nice thing! So should i just leave the sled alone and say thats as good as it gets or is there something else that can be improved? Thats some good info on the gearing btw! Very helpful.

YOU HAVE DONE YOUR HOMEWORK. I POSTED ABOVE GEARING WAS WRONG BUT I WILL TELL YA, YOU MIGHT BE CLOSE FOR 500 F.T. !! YOU MAYBE CAN LOOK AT YOUR JETTING NEXT, BUT KEEPING THAT SLED COOL AFTER EACH RUN I THINK IS NEXT STEP. GREAT JOB BUD. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Thank you sir! The jetting is pretty good i think the plugs look excellent. I will play around with the gearing i think just for kicks. Im sure ur rite about the cool down cart thats gona make world of difference once i get it hooked up. Thanks again for the help!

Back