1980 Srx 440 flatslide carb ?

oldsledhead

Hi guys I'm new to this site and I'm trying to get some help with my new 80 Srx I just purchased. I bought the sled a week ago and its fully restored,but hasn't really been run since restoration 5 yrs ago. Motor was rebuilt from top to bottom and only driven once in a field since. My question is the sled has flatslide mikunis on it and I'm Leary of the jet sizes in them. Main jet 147.5 piolet 47.5. I have no experience with flatslides and was wondering if jetting is different than roundslides? I do have the stock carbs to but seemed like someone put some time into making these work. I just don't want to damage a fresh motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

the flatslide carbs use a differnt number system on the jets then the round slide carbs which use a hex jet, your current jetting crossed over to roundslide numbers would be around a 280 main jet.

mrviper700 said:
the flatslide carbs use a differnt number system on the jets then the round slide carbs which use a hex jet, your current jetting crossed over to roundslide numbers would be around a 280 main jet.

at 280 main what size flat slide carbs ................36 or 38 regard less i would say the pilots are spot on but the mains are too small i do not have the conversion chart in front of me but i am thinking at least a 150 main maybe a 155 when i ran tm 38 mm on my srx i was jetted at 340 with dial a jets set to full rich (for winter in 0 degree weather) but these carbs use std hex jets where the yamaha flats use small round mains my stock phazer with a dg pipe for trail riding has 147.5's and my mod phazer with yamaha 38 flats with my motor work and rpc pipe runs 150 mains and a srx will want more fuel with a phazer

Thanks guys for the info. I will start at 155 then and go from there. Yamaha Nutz did the flatslides perform well for you? Thanks

yes easy starting great all around performance and great throttle response but they where not enough for the other mod motor they where on stock yes mod no just put a set of 44mm on the mod over summer and wow what a difference think the sled gained 5 hp ..........the flats where good on the mod for response and low to mid range but held back the top end

OK I bought the mikuni conversion chart the 155 main jets convert to 310 main hex jets. Is this going to good for 10 degrees on up or do I need to go up? 160 would equal 340. Stock jets are 260 plus power jet. Thanks

you can always be rich and jet down rather than burn it down .........i will open up my tm 38s and see what my mains where as that was the last sled they where on was one of my srx's

Back