threaded lug studs

yamyrider

Installed a Camoplast 9892 Preditor fingure track. I am thinking of using the threaded lug studs in this track since there are large diameter fingures.
Are the scew in studs as good as the drill a hole type studs I am use to. Will I get comparable traction. I am thinking 96 studs.

I've heard enough bad stories about them. Lugs tearing, heater exchange damage, not to mention 1 shooting out and hitting your trail buds behind U. Go with regular studs IMO.

Do not use the screw in studs! At least the kind with actual carbide stiking out like a miniture push through. They do penetrate, and 1 lug cannot take that much pressure, they will come out.

The product to use, if you're not an agressive rider and just want some control in icy situations, are Trail Grabbers from www.bergstromskegs.com .

They have carbide chips brazed on the head, and just scratch at hard surfaces. The website will convince you I think!

Tell Scott I sent you (John Guest) and tell him howdy for me.

I talked with a guy riding a ZR900, said he rode pretty hard (don't we all say that?) and he loved them. Hadn't lost one, and they gave him just enough control for safety, not ski lifting hole shots.

Good luck!

I use Woody's Gold diggers in my SRX, but my father has the bergstrom trail grabbers in his Polaris Classic 550 fan. They work great in a low power application like that. They keep him planted in ice corners and help him stop faster. He's been very happy with them.

vmaxjohn said:
Do not use the screw in studs! At least the kind with actual carbide stiking out like a miniture push through. They do penetrate, and 1 lug cannot take that much pressure, they will come out.

The product to use, if you're not an agressive rider and just want some control in icy situations, are Trail Grabbers from www.bergstromskegs.com .

They have carbide chips brazed on the head, and just scratch at hard surfaces. The website will convince you I think!

Tell Scott I sent you (John Guest) and tell him howdy for me.

I talked with a guy riding a ZR900, said he rode pretty hard (don't we all say that?) and he loved them. Hadn't lost one, and they gave him just enough control for safety, not ski lifting hole shots.

Good luck!

Thanks guys.
I have some 1" studs I pulled from my old track. The studs were installed mid season last year and are still in great shape. I will install these in my track.

Back