1980 exciter 440

staggs65

just picked one up for $100. it's all there and not in terrible shape but definitely needs some tlc.
some things it needs at first glance:
hood hinges (Ive been made aware these are still available new)
seat cover or complete good seat
front bumper is rusted up pretty badly
vent grill just in front of headlight.
windshield
I'm sure there will be more but this is what I noticed right off. Any leads on any of this would be great. The cowling is going to need a repaint and I see they make reproduction decals.
Any other tips or things to look for on these sleds would be appreciated.

Bought one new in 80. Great sled. Didn't know hinges were available. Bumpers in any kind of nice shape are hard to find. Front grill shouldn't be to bad and windshields ban still be gotton in aftermarket (I think).

A couple of years ago I had 15 or more different Exciters in the barn, Sold them all to Yamanutz here on the forum. He may have parts for you.

Check all the normal stuff including the speedo bearing.

Also check the top of the oil tank for cracks. There is a tube across the top that hold it and the gas tank down. If over tightened they crack which allows water to get into the tank. It will go down th the bottom and eff up the oil injection.

opsled

PICS are nice ...........just let me know i do have quite a bit of some things yet opsled just helped feed the addiction of the vintage yamaha sled habit that i have

Back