136" Ripsaw M-10 Ohlins gearing?

Viper Sniper

Clutching gearing 136" M-10 Viper Ripsaw. I've got a 02 Viper with King Cobra kit and I'm trying to get the clutching and gearing dialed in. Since the Viper mountain runs 21/40 and it's a 144: track I went with 21/39 gearing with heavy hitters and a multi angle helix. It pulls hard out of the hole to 8,200rpm on an uncalibrated tach and creeps up to 8,500. The top speed yesterday on my GPS was 85mph 97 on the speedometer. Does this sound reasonable for a motor that is supposed to make 135-40 hp.The primary was fully shifting out too as I checked it with a sharpie marker. I know the M10 robs power but this much I figured it should still run out to at least 100mph on the GPS 112 othe speedometer.

stock viper is 117hp.

have 136" ripsaw with SLP pipes. That makes 140-145hp. Stock suspension. OE cluth parts, but different than stock. Gearing today is 23/40. Close to stock ratio.

Koodat,
You probably have the proaction skid extended to 136" right? I'm just wondering what your sled runs out to on the speedometer? Mine would only pull 97mph speedo so 85mph GPS this seems to weak for a mod Viper even if you are turning a longer track with a deep lug...

Saw 103

Saw 103 and had "alot" left. Yes, Tracks USA extensions that I had to cut down. (came too long) Running track pretty loose now and no ratcheting at all. With Pipes you should see over 100 on speedo like "right now".

I had the .92 Yoko with 168 studs and I just sold it. Box weighed 48 pounds. The 136" ripsaw is 38-40 pounds every 3rd. I would say that it may be a wash on the speed reduction thing.

Just ran the thing for the 1st 300 miles after I had to take the friggin skid back out and cut the rails, so top end is yet to be determined.

Back