LED Lights for Phazer II and Exciter II

BigMan76

I did a quick search of "LED Lights" and really only foudn posts related to newer sleds, SRX., etc.

Has anyone replaced their rear light on either a Phazer II (I have two '91s, a '93, and a '96) or an Eciter II ('93 SX)?

Any information is appreciated; looks like the red bulb is the way to go from the posts I did find.

Thanks.

For the wires on the machine, Green/yellow is brake, blue is running light and black is ground. LED tails draw less power but they aren't warm enough to keep from frosting up. That's the only issue.

I get a lot of snow build-up as it is now; I thought I read though that the LEDs are way brighter (Assuming lens is clear).

Does anyone remember that Yamaha made a "heated" lens cover for the older sleds about 20 years ago or so; I purchased one, which I still have on one of my Phazers, that spliced into the tail bulb wiring. Not sure if it ever really worked as advertised though.

And here my mind went straight to putting a totally different light on :) I added a small one on my XLV which is plenty bright with only two diodes.

Thanks for the wiring info. I'm soon going to put LED's on my 87 exciter 570, but having trouble with wiring the LED's into the high/low beam switch. Does anyone know what wires are what? On the switch I have a green, a blue, and a yellow wire.

Last edited:
Resurfacing this old thread; any new LED developments for either the Phazer II or Exciter II? Also ,anyone replace the light near the fule/oil lines with an LED? If so, what did you use? thanks in advance.

Back