squeaky clutch

scottyvodka1

Has any one else had issues with there clutch squeaking? I have a 2012 apex xtx, it only happens taking off nice and easy. I've tried change the belt and had a dealer look at it and they change a bushing. Oh ya it's my primary. Any insight would be appreciated!! Thanks :letitsnow

By squeaky clutch...do you mean it sounds like a squeaking belt?

What replacement belt are you using?

Sounds a lot like a belt. I've change the belt three times, two new and one used I had hanging around from my 09 apex all belts were Yamaha belts.

Belt height is correct, didn't check alignment considering the sled was new!! Will check that ,thank you for advice!! I've had belts squeak before, just sounds a little different makes me wanna think it's actually in the clutch??

I have a squeaky belt at idle. But I also do not have the tools to align the clutches. It doesn't tear belts apart so I just live with it,

simple fix.Take the 3 bolts off back of 2ndary and adjust the washers.If you are squeaking now..go to thinner washers or no washers..depending what there is there now.I had 1 mm washers and had some belt squeal,so I replaced them with .5 mm washers..done deal no squeal..lol Keep belt as high as possible in the 2ndary clutch without any squeal at idle.If you have no washers in there and it squeals..then your c to c could be off or wrong size belt in there.

Last edited:
bluemonster1 said:
simple fix.Take the 3 bolts off back of 2ndary and adjust the washers.If you are squeaking now..go to thinner washers or no washers..depending what there is there now.I had 1 mm washers and had some belt squeal,so I replaced them with .5 mm washers..done deal no squeal..lol Keep belt as high as possible in the 2ndary clutch without any squeal at idle.I you have no washers in there and it squeals..then your c to c could be off or wrong size belt in there.

or the tips are worn off the bolts and not opening the sheaves enough

that may be true also staggs.I replaced my bolts and also bought the back plates,but you can also take the plate and flip it... :o| That was in the day when I had lots of money to burn..not any more..

Back