1998 xtc 700

De250r

Hey
Thought I would make a thread post the progress on my 1998 700 X TC I bought the same sled brand-new for $7200 in 1998. So when I pick this one up for 800from a kid Whose mother bought it for him to go around the backyard with I was pleases.i check compression when I bought it and it was within like3 psi. It was so loaded up it needed new plugs Newbeltand all the rear suspension was typical proaction all cracked and hammered. It already had a Hauck clutch kit and decent ripsaw.i got it home and took it out across the field and she cleared right up and was rippin. I also bought the seat gas tank and suspension from the skidoo a GSx rev with 600 miles for three hundred. It went together really well and the Weight difference alone is worth the suspension swap say Nothing about the weight transfer And ride quality Difference I now need to do something with the front suspension Thinking about going back to the skidoo parts bin and finding some piggyback reservoir shocks. I can envision building some shock towers that will I will have to cut into the cowel to put them in but I think I'm going to make it so you won't know that its a yamaha proaction in the end anyway. I like to build stuff and can see an a arm front suspension grafted on to the proaction rear. I've only got barely over a grand into it and it rides almost as good as anything else pre rising rate tech I've owned/ridden plus its a red head yammy best of all worlds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Back