drive bearing on 96 600xt

sleddineinar

VIP Member
I'm finally getting around to this 96 600xt that I bought in Oct. The seller told me that the speedo didn't work, so I figured for 500 bucks I'd take a chance on it. The drive bearing is pretty much gone, only thing left is the inner and outer race. Does anybody know what size bearing it is? That way I can call up the local bearing place and get a new one without paying the dealers rediculous price. I know they can probably measure what's left of and come up with something, but if I have a bearing number I would feel better. I haven't opened the chaincase yet, to see that bearing, but I know what that one is and have a couple extras on hand already.

sleddineinar said:
Here's what is left of the bearing. I'm going to replace the chaincase bearing & seal as well, even though it seems fine.

The got all their money out of that bearing! I went with ALL BALLS driveshaft bearings when I did my 01 this summer.WAY cheaper than OEM and with the winters we have ben having they will last forever! Theres a thread on here about them, thats where I got the idea ;)!

FYI: I took the bearing (or what was left of it) to the bearing dealer, they IDed it as a 62/22 2RS. They could get one, but the guy that helped me wasn't too confident about the quality of the one they could get so he recommended I buy the OEM bearing. He also said the one they had was close to the dealer price, so I bought one from the dealer. I also found some on Ebay and bought one so I could compare the two, when I got them. The one on Ebay was 8 bucks but didn't have brand name. The dealer cost was nearly 40 bucks. If the Ebay bearing turns up to be a cheap chinese one I won't use it.

Back