Main issue

YooperMike

So, long time follower, first time carb cleaner yesterday. I've always had a local shop do it, or a good mechanic friend. I've watched and absorbed knowledge while drinking beer, etc., so I thought I'd give it a go. Everything went well, however on the last carb, I noticed that the main was slightly marred on the inside/top. Like someone used too small of a screwdriver to remove it. Should I worry about the 2 little knicks in it? I have no idea how long it's been like that and it seems like it runs just fine. Looking for opinions. I'm thinking I'm going to replace it for my own sanity.

I have seen many main jets just like you described over the years and never had a problem with using them as long as its not changing the size of the hole in anyway like a bur obstructing the hole that could lean it out.
How much snow do you have over there?

Here's a (crappy) photo of what I'm talking about. The arrows are where it is burred or dented in. Nothing inside the jet is wrong.

The snow is ok here. A foot or so on the ground around Newberry. More up north. Report of near 2' somewhere between Newberry and Paradise, but I'll believe it if I see a photo.

Attachments

• main jet.jpg
    main jet.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 5

Back