single piped srx

myamaha

Is it possible to put a single pipe off of a mountain max or viper onto a srx. Would I lose any performance. The reason I want to do this is to lighten the front end because it seems to nose dive in the deep snow. My buddy has a mountain max and it doesn't nose dive near as bad.

Yes you would loose horse power. A better solution would be to put some good ski's on it. Such as Simmons or even the new Yamaha 05 mountain ski, either one would have quite a bit more floation then the stocker's.

you have other problems and going to single pipe is not the solution.
You cant compare the SRX to the mountain machine either.
You may have to much ski pressure. Install adjustable transfer rods and set the suspension to lighten the front end a little.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

That is not the reason your friends sled is better in the deep snow. If you were to put on a single pipe, my guess is you would lose close to 20 HP! If you are looking for some weight savings, check out our front end kits at cbperformanceparts.com We can take 15 pounds off the front end of your srx! Our kits are stronger then stock and in my opinion better looking. Another problem you have (your main problem besides weight) is you need betterskis for more floatation.

I have 2 SRX's one is mine and one for my wife. Mine is modded big time and I am in the process of doing hers. We installed a Doo sc10 in mine and now I'm doing hers, the heavy front thing is now a thing of the past. That said I am also in the process of putting a viper single pipe on her sled. You will save 13 pounds off the front over stock SRX pipes if you remove the heat shield on the viper single and use a lightweight can. My wife doesn't come close to using all the power the SRX makes so the weight loss is more of a benefit for boondocking for her. I wouldn't put one on my sled though because I'm sure it costs at least 20 horsepower. The skis are a good idea but they dont solve the weight on the front issue you need more transfer, specifically more transfer than the heavy proaction skid can deliver even with a transfer enhancement kit.

Last edited:
Lifting the front

Going to a longer travel rear susp. will also improoved the situation. I had a Viper skid stretched to a 136 in my srx and now I have a full out 136" from a 04 Warrior in there. Talk about keeping the front up. With transfer rod set to full transfer I can point the ski tips to the sun in an instance.

Hey Maddog how do I get my SXR700 to do that. I just cant seem to get the right combination. I am running Bender Clutch kit and Silencer, reed spacers, 2 layers removed from head gasket a camoplast 9892 1.18 lug track.

Back