Viper shocks on SRX weight transfer??

nailsandrails

VIP Member
Ok I did the Viper rear shocks on a 00 SRX. I also did the 7.5mm length addition to the transfer rods along with the thinner spacer. I have ridden it now and it transfers like crazy. Too much possibly. I haven't had it out to ride it hard, but It appears I will be lifting the skiis anytime I punch it...at any speed. I do have the rear shock on the middle position with the rear spring cranked up to about 3/4. I am just over 200. I am also thinking I will need to loosen that spring and possibly go to the soft position. I am just wondering if this is what the other guys experienced when doing the Viper shocks and 7.5mm extension on the SRX???? I would say it transfers 2x's as good as it did before. I have the front limiter straps with about 10mm threads showing...

I think you need to adjust you limiters to at least 25 to 28 mm, last year when i did my SRX i had them at 30mm, this year now that i have longtracked i have gone to the max of 35mm, also check you FRA setting.............James

maximum rods?

I have a 2000 SRX and am getting ready to do this also. IF I have the maximum performance transfer rods do I have to do the extension?

Back