Studding a 1.25 Viper

mdkuni

Just wondering what everyone thinks about studding a 02 Viper with a 1.25 Camo track on it? The track is already on it, but I am trying to figure out if I should stud it, and if I do what if any changes will I have to make?

you have to install 8 tooth drivers instead of the stock 9 tooth ones to get enough tunnel and front heat exchanger clearance

I agree with yamaholic22...and I would just stud up the middle with the 1.25" for stopping and ice conditions. Studs don't do crap in the powder, as you probably know. The 1.25" should hook up nice.

I just can't decide if it is worth it after I spend all the money to get it done. I just do a fair amount of lake riding and would like to hook up better.....

They will most likely hit the front exchanger if you used a stud longer than the track lugs. And the stud manuf. suggest using studs longer than the lugs if you want them to do anything.
I would suggest if you want studs, go to a 1" track and stud it. Otherwise, you should leave it.
Another option is going to smaller drivers.

Thanks for the help, after looking at how much money it would cost me when it was all said and done, I will just leave it the way it is. Plus the 1.25 track is awesome so it all works out.

Back