79 exciter 440 with no air box main jet??

rwb_exciter

I m putting an 79 exciter 440 into a 80 SRX chassis and will only have a filter on the carb with no air box...if i remember right i have to jet up when i do this....it has a 145 main in it now..any suggestions on a where to start....it will be a trail rider, not a racer with stock exciter muffler....thanks for any help guys....

rwb_exciter said:
I m putting an 79 exciter 440 into a 80 SRX chassis and will only have a filter on the carb with no air box...if i remember right i have to jet up when i do this....it has a 145 main in it now..any suggestions on a where to start....it will be a trail rider, not a racer with stock exciter muffler....thanks for any help guys....

I don't have jet #'s for you but you will likely have to go up. You should run some kind of pod filter on there to keep belt dust out of the engine. What you run will effect jetting some to.

You will run into clearance issues with the fan tower and the hood. Might want to check that out first.

opsled

you can still use the EX air box that would be the best way as these card loose all throttle response with no air box

Back