Gps tracking of speed and acceleration

nelsonhouse

Whats the best gps for tracking recording top speed acceleration timing laps all the fun stuff.

Many High quality GPS/Chartplotters will work as you want. However you will need to reset some peramiters. Most units are set to take a reading every 1-3 seconds. This is not going to give a very accurate acceleration and top speed acheived in a drag race. ect. Change the signal pick up to the quickest, in our case with a lowrance we can resett to every .2 seconds. I would think some more modern units can get as close to .1. This is ever 1/10 of a second. Oh, use a high quality unit designed for outdoor use. I have much more experiance with Lowrance products than any other. Easy to operate, water proof and extreamly durable. Units are available from Baja to boats, to hiking. We use the boating/marine units. Both shock and water proof. Al

yeah thats cool alswagg. i was not sure if a gps could take a reading every 0.1 sec to 0.2 sec. i do not have a gps yet. i'm doing some research first. i have noticed a lot of people use gps to measure top speed and compared the reading with there speedometers.

Back