Need help. '01 SX-R Cpr piped, clutching problems with heelclickers/HC-X secondary

jgustman

I've just installed a set of heelclickers on my 700 sx-r with hauck/simon cpr pipes. The instructions tell me to run 1.2 grams in the heel and 3.3 gr. in the tip. The HC-X roller is a 42/34 helix and have tried yamaha green and hauck silver secondary springs at 80 and 90 deg. twist. The sled will only pull 8250-8300 rpms in a short run (city block) and doesn't appear to be willing to wind up past that, but don't have room to test a longer run. It appears that I will have to pull all the weight out of the tip to make these work properly, or can I just move the 3.3 gr. weight to the inner hole. I don't think that will work as is doesn't ever jump past 8300 rpm's while accelerating. Should I just try the stock weight to compare or just pull the 3.3 off the tip? I am afraid the top end will suck if I pull all the weight off the tip. The recommendation from supertorquer is to run as described above, but that's with a stock 45 deg. helix. I've heard these recommendations are wayyy off, and it kind of looks that way. :o| Any advice is welcome...

Last edited:

Back