Srx Help Need!!!!

Blue Devil

OK GUYS I HAVE A 98 SRX 700 I HAVE JUST COMPLETEY REDONE I TOOK IT TO THE ICE TO RACE LAST NIGHT HERES WHAT HAPPENED,#1 RACE 2000 700 SKIDOO SRX WINS BY 6 LENGHS RACE #2 2005 F7 F7 WINS BY 3 LENGHS.CAN A SRX BEAT A FIRECAT OR WHAT.MY SRX HAS LOTS OF AFTERMARKET STUFF LIKE COLD AIR KIT.V-FORCE 2 REEDS HEEL CLICKER PRIMARY KIT,30 OFFTHE HEADS 3 BASE GASKETS,MRPB CAN,I CHANGED THE TOP COG TO A 21 BOTTOM COG IS STOCK IT HOLDS 8500 RPM IT ALSO HAS 192 1.O75 STUDS AND A SET OF TRANSFER RODS.I NEED TO BEAT THIS F#%*EN F7 .WHAT CAN I DO TO DO THIS? IS IT POSSABLE? THEY TELL ME THE F7 IS STOCK. I NEED HELP ;)! :yam:

You are revving too high. Get the rpm,s down to 8100 out of the hole & slowly climb to 82-8300 rpm. You will be a lot faster...& turn off the caps...that is just plain rude!!!

I will get the rpms down and try again.I didnt mean to offened you turk with the caps locked or anyone eles .Sorry I will pay more attenion when I post . Thanks ;)!

My 01' SRX smokes the F7's no problem, even one that has a D&D pipe and clutch with studs and who knows what else he did, as he is rather puzzled after spending all that money and he still can't beat a lowley Yamaha. I have the cold air kit, Bender clutch kit, 1 1/4" Kimpex Sno Force track, and a high windshield. I think I want to get the cold air kit off and back to stock jetting and noise level. I am at 8250 rpm full shift.

Check your piston wash to be sure you aren't running too rich on the top end. Bring the revs up on the holeshot. Take the studs out and put in some 1.200 chisels. If ya get the holeshot he won't ge ya. How long is the race?

We are raceing 660. I get him out of the hole.and about have way up he seems to pull away.I will not give up . I will be trying some more clutch combos.O and BTW I just found out the f7 was at the dealer for 3 days .We can guess what it was there for.Its funny the week before the skidoo was beating the f7 by 1 -2 lenghs and I beat the skidoo by 6 lenghs.But now the snow is all gone I will have to wait. :yam:

Well, now it's your turn to get him back. Take Turk's advice about rpm's and clutching. Funny how those Cat guys lie through their teeth and they're "always stock". Uh, huh, and so are we.... And they never get beat, just ask 'em. When you get it figured out, he'll be back at the dealer begging for more. Keep us posted.

I will keep you posted I am going to work on my clutchs today and wait for more snow to race I will be looking for a strip of snow to test on today!

Back