First Father/son trip

Sno-Xr

My 12year old son and I took a quick trip north today(1.5 hour drive) after his basketball game. Dropped off at a trailhead and hit the trail. We rode about twenty miles on trail to St Helen, had a snack at the local bar and then did some offtrail two-tracks and single-track riding. All in all, we got about 50 miles in,which I think is pretty good considering he has really never riddin real trails before. Also think he did great considering he was on my Viper S and can barely see over the windy!! Lol
We left the Flint area around 2, and was home before 9

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6

That's really cool. He will remember this for a long time. My son is at college and we got to ride together over the holidays for a couple days. Definitely some of the best days of our lives.

Yes, definitely a great day with him. But not gonna lie, it scares the crap out of me thinking he may ride like me some day......although he does seem a touch smarter then that!

I'm always amazed at how much smarter my kids are than I was. One thing I always tell them when we ride is only go as fast as you are comfortable. My buddies and I always wait at every corner.

I just hope that some of the younger guys that take such pride in saying they ride wot everywhere take a minute to think about the fact that there are young families and beginning riders out there on the trail with us.

Yep since you have shown him the results of those riding skills he probably won't want to go there. Besides he doesn't have the wallet to break yet! lol :◀) Mine rides pretty aggressive but as long as I stay in front I can contain him. Still enjoy those rides together, nothing better.

Idk i get my riding style from my dad. Bow i get dumber than him. And friends that are dumber than you dont help either.

Good on ya' lil brother! I'mm looking forward to Jarred being here in 2 weeks. And yes, he learned from MY mistakes LOL!! He's fast but safe. This will be his 17th year riding. MANY memories for he and I, all but 1 good.

Yeah, definitely good memories being made. Now Im going to have to make a trip up with my 15 yr old daughter.
Wexfordhunter......thats what im counting on, learn from my mistakes! Lol

Good deal. I took my son on his first trip 4 years ago. He was 16 and never ridden before. After the first 20 minutes he was riding like a pro.

super1c said:
Looks like you guys had a blast. Nothing better then a good ride with your son (or daughter as in my case)!! This is why i do what i do.
Id love to pick up a project sled for the kids and go through it, wish I had your patience to do it!

Back