Happy birthday to me!

devinzz1

Going slow down the trail with a hurt shoulder and my bud on the vk had to show me this "special" spot. I turn my gopro on and follow him. The vk being the unstoppable beast as it is isnt phased by stumps, haulders, or small lumber goes on with its day. the vmax on the otherhand isnt the same and so all my brand new expensive shinny front end parts are now pieces of abstract art and my steering column and windshield felt the need to call it home in my crotch so it went along for the ride with me. The luck I have is unbearable sometimes...

Oh dude that sucks!!!! Been there to Last year when my handle bars felloff in my hands. That sucked but didnt hurt at least. One other time on my other sx i was riding with a bunch of friends. Snowin so hard you couldnt see your hand in front of your face. We were all road riding snow and snow dust everywhere. Couldnt see went to y off on a road and sled just kept going staight, hit a stop sign. Man that one hurt. F'ed up tailing arm radius rods. My sternum. Ahh good times. So I feel for ya. Parts is parts hope you get her going soon

engine removal

this thing was only in by 2 engine mounts!?!?!

Attachments

• photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 21
99srxracer said:
Damn bro hope ur alright I give you an 8 on landing tho

dislocated my shoulder ( happends all the time for some reason ) and ripped the crotch out of my pants lol. I bought a venture with a blown engine for $250 which will be my parts sled. I have to get this thing put back together fast cause theres mass amounts of snow outside waiting for me ride in!

man you take the cake man.You should really send your videos to America's Funny Videos or something..of course they would have to bleep out the final word you used..lol You know 3 times is the charm or lights out.Better watch were you are going out there.Why did you aim for that stump anyways..maybe you got to take up a different sport like snowshoeing or something slower.lmao\
Glad to see you up and around again and getting prepared for your next stunt...I give you a 10 out of 10 for your air time off the sled..cool!!! ;)!

bluemonster1 said:
man you take the cake man.You should really send your videos to America's Funny Videos or something..of course they would have to bleep out the final word you used..lol You know 3 times is the charm or lights out.Better watch were you are going out there.Why did you aim for that stump anyways..maybe you got to take up a different sport like snowshoeing or something slower.lmao\
Glad to see you up and around again and getting prepared for your next stunt...I give you a 10 out of 10 for your air time off the sled..cool!!! ;)!

"Why did you aim for that stump anyways" as much as i love running them over it was completely out of sight. I was being carefull thinking about last time. If you go frame by frame you can see I took the exact path the rider ahead of me took and look what I get for taking it easy! my bud on the srx hit me and im not sure how much damage that caused but it was only minor to his sled. Nothing more humiliating then being towed home across a pond with dozens of other riders (mostly friends) watching. In that one day between me and my buds... 1 primary clutch siezed, 1 primary cracked (the srx), 1 belt burst, 1 diamond drive in pieces, 2 recoils broke, 1 oil cable broke... Why do I love this sport so much?

devinzz1 said:
"Why did you aim for that stump anyways" as much as i love running them over it was completely out of sight. I was being carefull thinking about last time. If you go frame by frame you can see I took the exact path the rider ahead of me took and look what I get for taking it easy! my bud on the srx hit me and im not sure how much damage that caused but it was only minor to his sled. Nothing more humiliating then being towed home across a pond with dozens of other riders (mostly friends) watching. In that one day between me and my buds... 1 primary clutch siezed, 1 primary cracked (the srx), 1 belt burst, 1 diamond drive in pieces, 2 recoils broke, 1 oil cable broke... Why do I love this sport so much?
are you riding in an area where trees have been harvested in the Summer.I can now see why guys say they need 2 to 3 feet of snow before they can ride safety in their areas..man your sled takes a beating and keeps coming back..keep that sled going..did you rip the ski back and do more damage in the front end again.Yes this sport does get expensive.The price you pay to have fun I guess.

bluemonster1 said:
are you riding in an area where trees have been harvested in the Summer.I can now see why guys say they need 2 to 3 feet of snow before they can ride safety in their areas..man your sled takes a beating and keeps coming back..keep that sled going..did you rip the ski back and do more damage in the front end again.Yes this sport does get expensive.The price you pay to have fun I guess.

You hear about these new yamahas and ski doos where you hit one rock and the entire front end is tweaked. This ol vmax has 23000mi on original frame and engine and its as straight as the day we bought it!... It was a bog where no cutting was permitted. the tree must of fell on the trail and was cut at the stump. Knowing me I had to hit the only stump around! All i can say about the front end is that there is no more symmetry to be found. I swear I ride my dirtbike and quad 10x harder and I can honestly say since 2008 Ive never broken a part?

Last edited:
Update!

Then engine is out and ready for reassembly. Took a look at pistons and couldnt believe my eyes! after 23000mi all 3 pistons look brand spankin new!?!?! Ive bought a venture 500 with a blown engine for parts. Its got a reverse kit and electric start (will this fit on my 700?). Im also gona post some pics to show why I decided not to scrap this sled and keep it going!

Attachments

• photo (20).jpg
    photo (20).jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 5
  • photo (18).jpg
    photo (18).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 6
  • photo (22).jpg
    photo (22).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 6
  • photo (21).jpg
    photo (21).jpg