skidooboy-srx nozzles for viper

mrviper700

VIP Lifetime Member
I checked the microfiche, and the 98-99 srx uses the same needle/nozzle combo as the viper does(smaller nozzle), the bigger nozzles are on the 00-02 srx, the needles are the same, so you only will need the nozzles, they are part number 8ch-14141-56-00, hope this helps.

thanks bro! now find me a reasonable priced 01 srx cdi. i am guessing with the nozzles being fatter, we can lean the pilot (reasonably) i'll be able to vent outside the box and use smaller mains too. are the air jets the same on the 00-02 srx and viper, or will i need to look at those too? i might not get 12 mpg all the time but this should be better than less than 10 mpg. plus it gives me something to tinker with. betheviper, can you get me the info on the bypass for the coolant temp on the cdi? if i can find the cdi, i'll be trying this out. ski

whoops wait a sec.......

hmmmm, looking at the 2002 tech update book, they list the needles as differnt, but the microfiche doesnt?? dont know which one is wrong now. They both run a 1.0 air jet. The slide cutaway is also differnt, the viper is a 1.5, the srx is a 2.5. The viper is a 6hey2-59 needle, a p-8 nozzel, the srx is a 6gm26 needle, and q-6 nozzel. You could get away with the richer (viper)slide cutaway, no problem,I will check with my dealer and see if his shows the same needles like mine does, but you definitely need the nozzles. stay tuned for further investigation....same bat time, same bat channel ;)!

After reading your posts I'm not sure which nozzles you need but, some micro fiche and part smart programs have the incorrect prefix for the nozzles used in specific sleds.
If you want bleed holes, 89A (mikuni 499 series)
No bleed holes, 8CH (mikuni 798 series)

Last edited:
Ski, talked to the guy with the 01 cdi & wiring tonight. He will be at our shop tomorrow. I will let you know then! Also the big bore is in the mail.

uys, please educate me. What is the nozzle?
OK therea a air jet, needle jet, & piloet jet, but what is a nozzle?

nozzle is the brass tube the needle has sex with while your riding the sled.
the needle size determins the amount of fuel at different throttle heights.
the nozzle is basicly the hole the needle displaces itself in so it controls amount of fuel some too.
there are two styles, one is solid and just draws fuel. the other is a diffuser style that has holes in the side to premix air with the fuel it draws. this air comes through the air jets. these are the tiny brass screws in the bell of the carb.
i think i got that right. :o|

Last edited:
new way of thinking of it

ya, what betheviper said........lmao, no wonder you had the twister mat with stains for sale, look where your minds at all the time....lmfao!!!!!!

Hey Scott, need a set of 98 srx pipes???? have any in your warehouse??

Quick ? about nozzles. If you are running lean in the mid range and have your needles all the way up, what you guys are saying I think is that bigger nozzles would help. I'm wondering if this is the problem alot of guys have who are trying to run dial a jets. Maybe i am completely crazy too. I have been told that before LOL Maxdlx

what carbs are you trying to make out of what, if you have Vipers and want to make srxs you need everything but the ac jet. Let me know if you can aquire everything I have it all.

looking on the ronnies microfiche, i see the 00-02 srx has 8ch-14141-56-00 (q-6)nozzle, and 8bu-14116-26-00 needle (didnt list size #). looks like 02 viper is 89a-14141-48-00 (p-8) nozzle, and 1t1-14116-a4-00 needle. are there updates to the srx? figuring on getting some 42.5 pilots, and the needles and nozzles, starting at 45 pilots and the srx nozzle-needle combo and see what the plugs, and mileage look like. at that point i'll be leaning the mains to 162.5 or 160 in the same srx stagger, pto being the next richer size. this will be tried in combination with an 01 srx cdi box. spinning about 8700 rpms. chime in guys, betheviper, am i going the right way? if i do this in small steps will i be safe? dont want to make a bunch of ashtray's. ski

i believe the throttle slide in an srx is different than a viper also. i think the srx has a 2.5 and the viper has a 3.0 or 3.5 cant remember. this is the only thing in my carbs that i have not chaned to srx but still idles fine and has no drivability problems down low running 40pilots.
now that we have snow next weekend ill do some further testing on the pipes/cdi/heads/ jetting etc.

Back