'79 Enticer ET250 carb heat shield? (with pics)

averagesleder

Hello

So I'm working on putting my dad's '79 Enticer et250 back together. However I'm stumped as to where a piece goes since its a project that has kept getting put on the back burner. :o| I also can't see the part in any pictures I've found online. Any thoughts and tips would be great, thanks.

The piece appears to be a heat shield to keep heat from the engine off the carb. I'm not a 100% sure which way it bolts to the engine, or what side is up or down. Are the various holes in the shield for the oil pump rod and the lines?

Momscamerasnowfeb182013012_zps5a947e01.jpg

I think the back of the carb mounts to this side with the gasket.

This is the back of the shield.

Momscamerasnowfeb182013013_zps44dad1ec.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

My original carb on my 250 was swapped for a Mikuni Round Body before I purchased it but it did come with the original parts. My best guess is the heat shield is placed between the carb and the engine. Not sure which direction though. Let me know if you need any of the original carb/airbox parts as I will never use them again.

Chibravo thanks for your help earlier today.

Confused Thanks for the offer,I will let you know if I need any of the parts.

I've run into another minor problem,though. Would anyone happen to know how far the oil pump should turn when at full throttle? I want to make sure I have it set right before I fire it up.
Right now at full throttle it turns about 1/4turn maybe slightly less.

Thanks Matt

Mine is bypassed but on some there is a timing mark. Usually align at full throttle. Not 100% on your 250 but worth checking.

Back