tried to trade the viper today

1sickviper02

went to a dealership and got offered 3400 for my 02 viper on trade...is that enough to get for my viper? it's in excellent condition, studded, team secondary, and some other accessories...

you don't get s#!t for a sled on trade in- played that game before. put it in the paper or ebay the thing you should be able to get around 4000+ i would think. just depends on where you live

Where did you try trading in?did you try edinburg marina?seems to me they offered my friend 4,000 on trade for his 02 viper.if you dont have their number let me know and I will get it for you.-Harvey

Blue book is $4380 Ave. with most used 02' Vipers selling for around $4000. The dealer is looking to profit from your trade, so $3400 is about what I would expect. Your Viper should sell quick if there is snow in your area.

I am not sure what they have left,you would have to give them a call.the way the season has been they probably have a good assortment.-Harvey

just talked to my bud,he said it was alpin haus in amsterdam that offered him 4,000,try calling both and get the best deal you can.-Harvey

i Know if you try Edinburg to trade it in he is just going to go right the books, which in their case they use Nada Guides if i remember right and thats exactley where he will give you your value from.

You got to wieght it all out. If the dealer is giving you low trade and no discount on the new sled then walk away. If you are getting avg. trade and a discount off of list plus accessory $ then go for it.

4k and up????

Dont wanna argu, but what auctions have you seen a stock viper sell for 4k and up? I have been watching them as I am looking to get one and they have been bringing around $3500-37 at best. There has been recent longtrack ones on there for less then 4k and some have sold for under that and have been very low miles on them(under 2000). There has been a couple that have been relisted 2 and 3 times because of non paying bidders( I hate that), I would say the market for a used sled is dictated by the weather and the demand for the model, and right now, the current big craze is the 4 thumpers. I really dont think your gonna get much more then about 3400-3500 on trade, trading in is never in your best interest, if you look at the numbers, your not really even getting that for your sled. The viper, although a cool sled, is not the same fan club as the srx is, and therefore wont ever have the same resale value, its not as much performance. Like I said, I am not cutting you down, just giving a opinion, thanx.

BTW- you dont get not 1 penny more for extra's, thats why guys take them off and sell seprately.

Last edited:

Back