SRX HH clutch question...HELP!!!

500Sabertooth

I have a 2001 SRX with Heavy Hitter weights. I have various helix's and springs. If it helps I weigh 160 lbs. Can someone give me an idea to save me some time what a good combination would be using any combination of these components:

54/46 helix, 54/42 helix, 46/38 helix

black stock primary spring, blue Heel Clicker primary spring, purple Maxximum Performance primary spring

Yami green secondary spring, Yami silver secondary spring

Actually a seperate set up for lake and trail would be great. I'm willing to buy different helix's and springs then I have listed above if it will produce better performance.

Any help would be appreciated guys, this clutching is going to drive me to ---> ;):D

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

purple max primary spring,54/46 helix,stock red secondary spring wrapped between 70-90,which ever works best,1/2"allen screw in the heel,aluminum bolts in other 2 holes,add weight if needed.This worked great in my SRX for trail and lake riding.

Thanks Harvey,

So would you say this is a better trail set up or top speed lake set up?

Anybody else have other combinations I can try in addition to Harvey's?

You would probably be better off running the lower angle helix & adding more mass to the weights for lake racing. You get way better belt squeeze & would not need as much secondary wrap & can get away with a softer spring too.

Thanks Turk,

So out of the components I listed above (Or others you might recomend) what set up would you suggest?

Back