Pipe for GP 292?

Classic SRX

Anybody know of someone producing a performance pipe for a 292? I know these are THE engine for vintage racers in the single cyl class, so someone out there has got to be making them. Aaen doesn't show one on his website.

Thanks

gp 292

I dont know of anyone, but I used to have a GP292 that was bored out. The thing was pretty fast too, or so it seemed to me as a teenager ;)!

I haven't heard of one but I have an old 292 and was thinking of racing in one of those vintage races. Let me know if you find one.

ya we got a 292 out back had pipe / head and other parts if your looking we can ck it out , its been years since we looked at it dont know whats there any more / but when it ran it ripped the eng off the chassie it was a beast
fixcarsrus@yahoo.com :rockon:

Dont Have Any Pic/ But It Is A Old Race Sled . Will Have Dig And See What Parts We Can Find It Bunrned A Pist Years Ago And Has Been Parked The Pipe Was Very Loud , Had Free Air Head On It Ill See What I Can Come Up With

292 race sled

Please let me know if you are intrested in parting out the motor. If necessary, I could buy the whole sled from you
Vintage 292 racer here and always on the hunt for more "stuff"
thanks
monty

Hi Monty,

Thanks for all your past feedback, ...do you have any mod tricks for a stock GP292 up your sleeve? I've rechecked my compression using a higher end Snapon unit and got 140 psi cold and 130 hot, ...all adjustment and alignments done, NOS belt, drilled holes on the secondary cam and increased the squeeze, ...removed the weights out of the primary, ...jetted down (leaner). She runs 62-6400 rpm. and around 40-45mph.

gp292

srx-eh....

well sounds like you are off to a great start. with out any more major issues you should be competive in a stock class. Head work and a good pipe are important. I may be getting rid of my GYT tune pipe this summer if you are intrested. Switch to CDI igniton to get rid of any point float. this will help you gain some highter RPM.
MY mod GP292 has had alot of work done. puts out 52hp at 8500 rpm.
I have also converted both the stock and mod sleds to the short 98 inch enticer internal drive tracks. alot of work to fab new drive shafts and rework the boggies to fit correct. But well worth the 20 lb weight savings
good luck
monty

Thanks Monty,

Let me know what you want for that pipe should you decide to sell, ...looks like I'm taking over my kids sled. :rockon:

Back