wanted 1977 -1980 srx 440

sick srx

wanted 1976-1980 srx 440

hello , well this is probably not the place to post this but , im looking for a 1977- 1980 srx 440 that the body is in good enough shape to restore . the motor dont have to run but must not be seized . i live near buffalo ny . can travel a little but would like to keep within 300 400 hundred miles

Last edited:

sick srx said:
hello , well this is probably not the place to post this but , im looking for a 1977- 1980 srx 440 that the body is in good enough shape to restore . the motor dont have to run but must not be seized . i live near buffalo ny . can travel a little but would like to keep within 300 400 hundred miles

Guy over on HCS has a 78' for sale. It's listed under Classifieds, sub listing Yamaha. Page 11 under avatat handle 'bbuck'. says it's mint and NOT restored. $4500. listed in 2012 so could still be for sale. Good luck. I love those sleds.

I have a 1978 in my shop right now, its in pretty good shape. Already has a new paint job and repop hood decals, original clear yamaha windshield on it, new repop front bumper, new side boots on bellypan, seat recovered. Runs great, still original track,skidframe,etc. the bellypan has some dings under it as it was ridden here in ohio,if replaced would make this sled pretty dang nice. everything original is still on sled, toolbox,belt carrier, airbox with decals on it yet,etc.

I think he will sell for around $2800 to $2500 area and its ready to ride.

It aint cheap but its pretty nice for a 78, they seem to be the one to collect right now..

Last edited:
SICK SRX, I WOULD CALL DON ON THIS. 1978 SRX ARE VERY COOL AND SEEM TO BE GETTING A BIG HEAD OF STEAM IN THE COLLECTORS CIRCLE. COOL THING HERE IS THEY HAD 77 STRIPES, BUT 79 '' BLACK '' HOOD. MY COUSINS WIFE, HER BROTHER BOUGHT ONE NEW, I ENDED UP WITH THAT SLED, REALLY MISS IT TODAY. 3:16 (yammie tony)

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
SICK SRX, I WOULD CALL DON ON THIS. 1978 SRX ARE VERY COOL AND SEEM TO BE GETTING A BIG HEAD OF STEAM IN THE COLLECTORS CIRCLE. COOL THING HERE IS THEY HAD 77 STRIPES, BUT 79 '' BLACK '' HOOD. MY COUSINS WIFE, HER BROTHER BOUGHT ONE NEW, I ENDED UP WITH THAT SLED, REALLY MISS IT TODAY. 3:16 (yammie tony)
yammiegod3:16 who is don ? it dont have to be a 1978 i would like a 1976-1977 but might settle for 1978-1980 . im looking for one that needs work , it dont have to run it just needs to be mostly there , the body must be decent no cracks in hood ,belly pan no rust , rips , no huge dents , and motor must not be seized . im finishing a 1982 enticer 340 for my girlfriends boy now and i would like to restore one for myself

Yup have 2-83 vmax probably would sell one or both....to nice of sleds to part out.....pic up a beautiful 81 Srx 440 w only 400 miles....i will have her at some shows this year....also a 80 Exciter 440 like new....175 miles.....this sled is brand new or close new as you can get........Btw my 74 Gpx is for sale on E---y now.

Last edited:
NICE eric. SAW YOU BEEN GETTING SOME NICE OLDIES. DONE WITH OLDIES ERIC, KEEPING MY 83 VMAX AND MY 93 EXCITER SX. AND DONE WITH SHOWS. SAME GUYS, SAME SLEDS, SAME STORIES, SAME TROPE HUNTERS. BESIDES RUNNING MY 2000 SRX ON TAR THIS SUMMER. 3:16 (yammie tony)

check Craigs list; Minneapolis Mn.,RV's, Been a guy from New Ulm Mn. posting that he has several SRX's for sale, they sound like they are in very good condition.

Back