Firing Order Plug locations

jfkmm700

on a 99 mm700

is there a firing order my sled start no mader what cdi is on any sparkplug?

when i rev it up then comes to an idle it then runs like its missing and bogged out then you unplug a cdi wire and plug it back in and the sled runs good again till you rev it back up?

any help im in washington

sleddineinar said:
No firing order. 2000-1997 uses an ignition that fires all cyls at once. 2001 and newer fires one at a time.
Ok, ive heard that before. can someone explain to me how that works when the pistons are not in sync? or are they???

No no no. On early models, the spark is fired three times per revolution on early tripples. Every `120* each spark plug fires. On twins they would fire every 180*. This is how the spark is introduced near TDC.
Al

Varies by a couple years due to not all models were switched to the hotter staor/3d ignition same year. SRX was changed in 2000, SxR was changed in 01 (700's anyways, 600's not sure) Basically the factory equpt dual bulb sleds will have 3d ignition firing each cylinder when its at TDC. Single bulb sleds fire all 3 coils at the same time, with 1 at TDC and 2 some wheres else. Twins... :dunno:

snowdad4 said:
sounds like your tors is activating. check your throttle cable freeplay. your actually pulling a plug wire(cap), not a cdi wire.

where at in wa?

Seattle area south end by kent
I'm going to bypass the Tps and see if it does it again

You should follow snowdads post he is on the money.Reason it happens is the cable has moved or the cable adjuster was not adjusted right when carbs were removed.

Adjust for freeplay and look for it at the flipper opening than set idle setting check the freeplay again and you will be fine.

Back