2002 Mountain Max carb setup

Viper_Jim

I hauled the old Mountain Max out of the garage today ad tried to fre it up, she hasn't been running in at least 2 years. After a little drop of fuel down each cylinder head it fired right up but would only stay running long enough to burn the added fuel. Im assuming that the carbs are clogged with gunk. To make a long story short I ordered all new pilots and mains and I'm now curious about what the proper setup should be, I realize that there is one main jet that is different from the rest.

Hey Jim

You need to give more information to get any helpful info. What elevation do you ride? Where are you at now with mains,pilots, and needles. what mods do you have? when was the last itme the carbs were cleaned? ;)!

Stock jets for 0-5000 ft is 143.5, 143.5, 145 (mag ctr pto). I can't remeber the idle jet size. The pto is bigger because of the extra load on that cylinder because of the clutch. Jet needle is stock in position 3, can raise to 3.5 while your apart, gives you a little safety margin in the midrange for ethanol.

Back