plug cap question

tnc110

VIP Lifetime Member
broke a cap today trying to fix someone elses jerry rig. What would happen if I would replace with a regular end cap.....no resistor?

I cant tell you "what it would do" all I can tell you is dont do it. you can find the ngk replacements just about anywhere. autoparts stores, hardware stores, powersports shops, etc... the important part is LB05, there will be additional letters at the end but thats the part that really matters. change all 3 they're cheap.

staggs65 said:
I cant tell you "what it would do" all I can tell you is dont do it. you can find the ngk replacements just about anywhere. autoparts stores, hardware stores, powersports shops, etc... the important part is LB05, there will be additional letters at the end but thats the part that really matters. change all 3 they're cheap.

100% agree...not familar with where NC is but even if they aint cheap and easy as us to get....fix it right......Alot cheaper and easier than replacing pistons/cylinders.

I thought the reason for resistor caps/plugs was to reduce interference with a radio/stereo...either your own or the person next to you. Not too concerned about it on a sled.

As in it can interfear with stator/magneto,CDI any thing electrical on sled. Might not hurt anything, Might get expensive quick. I replaced all 3 on a 98 srx 600.....cost 6-7 bucks and a few minutes time. Cheaper and easier than replacing and other part on sled really.

On my 95 866 VMAX4 Mod and my 81 440 SRX Mod I always ran non resistor plugs and caps without any problems but have not tried it on my 2002 SRX or SXs.

sideshowBob said:
On my 95 866 VMAX4 Mod and my 81 440 SRX Mod I always ran non resistor plugs and caps without any problems but have not tried it on my 2002 SRX or SXs.

Being a srx 600 it would have to be a 98 or 99 (non 3d ign) so hes got a better chance of getting away with it but I wouldnt try it myself. My luck I would pass a guy with a pacemaker along the trail and kill him!

Devilin AblueDress! said:
As in it can interfear with stator/magneto,CDI any thing electrical on sled. Might not hurt anything, Might get expensive quick. I replaced all 3 on a 98 srx 600.....cost 6-7 bucks and a few minutes time. Cheaper and easier than replacing and other part on sled really.

Where are you getting them that cheap...I see them for $20/ea

Last edited:
NC North Carolina might be the only SRX in NC!!!

Back